When following a strict low in carbohydrates or keto diet you are unfortunately no longer allowed to eat regular bread. The low-carbohydrate alternatives at the bakery or supermarket are often still too high in carbohydrates. This while a sandwich is very tasty to eat for breakfast or lunch. Especially if you don’t have that much time to cook or prepare something.
Keto bread mix
The Lowcarb Chef Keto bread has been developed with 100% attention to taste and quality. We also looked very closely at the nutritional values. The result is a crispy and airy bread with only 5.3 grams of carbohydrates per 100 grams! The bread contains many healthy ingredients, such as linseed, sunflower seeds and wheat bran. The taste is also very good and indistinguishable from regular bread.
The bread can be baked in the oven or bread maker. The bread mix contains linseed and sunflower seeds as standard. If desired, you can add additional seeds and kernels, such as pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds. We are curious what you think of the bread. Have you tried it? Let us know in the comments below.
- 400 gr Low carb chef keto bread mix
- 1 bag of yeast (included in the mix)
- 320 gr water
- optional: handful of pumpkin seeds
- optional: handful of sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, mix the supplied sachet of yeast with 320 grams of water. Then add the bread mix with the extra seeds and kernels to the bowl and knead with your hands for about 15 minutes to a smooth and supple dough. Add extra water if you notice that the dough is too dry.
- Form the dough into a long roll and place the bread in a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Let the dough rise under a damp cloth for at least 1.5 to 2 hours, until the bread has doubled in volume.
- When the bread has risen sufficiently, preheat the convection oven to 200 degrees. Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Let the bread cool down completely after baking and enjoy!
- You can cut the bread into approx. 14 slices after baking. The bread can be stored in its entirety for at least 2 days in a closed drum or bag. It is also possible to freeze the bread.
- Portion Size: 1 slice (35 gr)
- Calorie: 85
- Grassi: 3.8
- Carboidrati: 1.9
- Proteina: 9.1