It’s time for a delicious low-carbohydrate breakfast recipe again! This time, we’ve created a low-carb alternative to breakfast cereals; cinnamon crunchies! You only need 7 ingredients to make this low-carb breakfast cereal. As the name suggests, these cinnamon crunchies are nice and crispy. Furthermore, the crunchies have a delicious sweet and spicy nutty taste due to the added nuts and cinnamon.
Difference from regular breakfast cereals
Regular breakfast cereals often contain a lot of sugars and you do not want to eat this if you follow a low-carbohydrate lifestyle. Our cinnamon crunchies are made from nuts and sweetened with erythritol. So the crunchies do not contain sugar. They are also gluten-free and suitable for diabetics! The combination of almond flour, flaxseed and pecans provide healthy additions to your breakfast.
Not much into pecans? You can replace this for any kind of note you like. The quantity remains the same. The cinnamon crunchies provide a nice crunchy bite in your yogurt. Finish your breakfast with some fruit to your liking. Check out our others for more inspiration breakfast recipes.
- 100 gr almond flour
- 30 gr linseed (blond or brown)
- 50 gr pecans
- 30 gr melted butter
- 1 protein (from M egg)
- 30 gr erythritol or to taste
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the convection oven to 175 degrees. Add the almond flour, flaxseeds, pecans, cinnamon and erythritol to your food processor. Then grind it all fine. Then add the egg white and the melted butter. Then mix everything in the food processor into a dough.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and then place a piece of cling film or baking paper on top. Flatten the dough with your hands and then roll it out with a rolling pin to a thickness of 0.5 cm. Remove the top layer of foil or baking paper and place the bottom sheet with the dough on a baking tray.
- Bake the cinnamon crunchies for 18 minutes in the preheated oven. Then take the baking tray out of the oven and cut the baked dough evenly into small cubes. Then let it cool down completely. When the cinnamon crunchies have cooled completely, they are nice and crispy.
- Keep the cinnamon cereal in a closed container in a non-humid place. You can keep them for at least a week to 2 weeks.
- Taille de la portion: 30 gr crunchies
- Calories: 167
- Graisses: 15.4
- Les glucides: 1.1
- Fibre: 2.6
- Protéine: 4.6