Preparation time: 5 Cooking time: 15 Total time: 20 Servings: 105 gr 1x
Are you following a keto or low-carbohydrate diet and would you like to top a low-carbohydrate sandwich or cracker with something sweet? Then this homemade sugar-free raspberry chia jam is perfect! You can make this delicious sweet jam with only 3 ingredients. Super tasty, nutritious and healthy.
Chia jam, how do you make that?
The most important part of chia jam is, as the name suggests: chia seeds. These small seeds have a nice taste and a gelling effect. The seeds bind with liquid, causing it to swell and give it a jelly structure. Ideal for making jam! We made our chia jam from raspberries. However, you can also use other fruits, such as strawberries or a mix of forest fruits.
Not a fan of seeds? Then pass the reduced raspberries through a sieve to remove the seeds from the jam without compromising on flavor. You can keep the chia jam in the refrigerator for about 4 to 5 days. The jam is tasty on one sandwich, cracker, but also delicious with yogurt or quark! Check out our others for more inspiration breakfast recipes.
- 200 gr (frozen) raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 15 gr erythritol
- Add the fresh or frozen raspberries to a saucepan along with the erythritol. Place the saucepan on the fire and let the raspberries simmer for about 5-10 minutes over a low heat while stirring. After simmering, stir well again to break up all raspberries.
- Prefer no seeds in your chia seeds? Then pour the mixture through a colander and return the juice to the saucepan. Then add the chia seeds while stirring and leave it on the fire for about 1 minute while stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the jam cool to room temperature. Then stir well again and then spoon the jam into a preserving jar. The chia jam can be kept in the refrigerator for about 4 to 5 days. Enjoy your meal!
- Tamaño de la porción: 15 gr (1/7)
- Calorías: 25
- Grasas: 1
- Carbohidratos: 1.7
- Proteína: 0.9