We have this delicious one especially for Valentine’s Day low-carb cranberry bars made! These soft bars made of almond flour and filled with cranberries and nuts are fun to surprise your loved one, but also super tasty to enjoy yourself. The balanced combination of fresh, sour and sweet makes these bars so special and delicious.
Make cranberry ‘bars’
These cranberry bars are not hard bars, but soft bars with a cake structure. The base consists of almond flour, eggs, cream cheese, butter and the natural sweetener erythritol. We obviously have almond flour and erythritol our own brand for best results. The bars are filled with pecans and fresh cranberries. Finally, we covered the bars with a layer of melted white chocolate. However, you can also leave this out if you want to watch the calories a bit more. In short, a delicious low-carbohydrate delicacy for coffee or tea.
When using a white chocolate bar, you get a thin layer of white chocolate on the bars. We recommend using two bars for a thicker layer. Without the chocolate, a bar contains 213 kcal and 2.5 g carbohydrates. You can replace the pecans with walnuts. The cranberry bars will keep in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 days. You can also freeze them by the bar. I hope you like it! Check out our others for more inspiration snack recipes.
- Preheat the convection oven to 170 degrees. Add the cream cheese (soft), butter (soft), erythritol and vanilla extract to a bowl. Then beat this with an electric mixer until fluffy. Then add the eggs while beating and mix well.
- Now take another bowl and mix in the almond flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Now add the flour mixture to the bowl with the eggs and mix well. Then cut the pecans into small pieces and stir the nuts into the batter.
- Line a large square baking pan with baking parchment. Spoon half of the batter into the baking tin. Then add the cranberries and cover with the last bit of batter. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for about 40 to 45 minutes. Check with a skewer whether the cake is done.
- After baking, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely. Then melt the white chocolate au bain marie. Grab a saucepan and fill it with a layer of water. Bring to a boil and place in a heatproof bowl containing the chocolate. Melt and spread over the cake in the baking tin.
- Let the chocolate harden on the counter and then completely in the refrigerator. Cut the cake into 6 bars and cut each bar in half, so that you have 12 bars in total. Enjoy your meal!
- Portion size: 1 bar (1/12)
- Calories: 254
- Fats: 22.1
- Carbohydrates: 3.4
- Protein: 6.9