This one low-carbohydrate chocolate cake roll is super easy to make, tastes great and looks fantastic! A delicious treat to pamper yourself or your visitors. The combination of a light cake rolled up and filled with chocolate mousse is heavenly. Super delicious to serve with a cup of coffee or tea or as a festive dessert.
Make cake roll
Earlier we made a delicious one low-carbohydrate cake roll with strawberries. Especially for chocolate lovers, we now also have a chocolate cake roll. The recipe for the cake is almost the same. We only added a tbsp cocoa for the chocolate flavor and color. The mousse is made of whipped cream and contains real Balance dark chocolate. This dark chocolate bar is sweetened with stevia and therefore contains very few carbohydrates. The cake roll is perfectly balanced with an airy cake and creamy filling. In short, a delicious low-carbohydrate and gluten-free treat.
You can cut the cake roll into approx. 14 slices after setting. It’s hard to stay away from it, but if you have some slices left you can keep it in the fridge for a few days or longer in the freezer. I hope you like it! Check out our others for more inspiration keto snack recipes.
- Cake roll. Preheat the convection oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray (40 × 40 cm) with a sheet of parchment paper and set aside. Now take two bowls and split two of the four eggs above, the egg white in one and the yolks in the other.
- Add the erythritol to the bowl with the egg white and beat it with an electric mixer until stiff. Now take the bowl with the yolks and add the vanilla, remaining 2 eggs, almond flour, cocoa and baking powder. Beat the contents of the bowl with a mixer or whisk until smooth.
- Now fold the batter carefully into the beaten egg whites, until everything is well mixed. Now carefully spoon the batter onto the baking paper and spread it evenly, until about 1 cm thick. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Stuffing. In the meantime, continue with the filling. To do this, add 20 ml of water and a gelatin sheet to a saucepan. Let this soak for at least 10 minutes. Then add the erythritol and vanilla extract and put the pan on the fire. Heat and stir until everything is dissolved in the water.
- Now add the cubed chocolate to the hot water and stir until the chocolate has melted as well. Now add the whipped cream to a bowl and beat it stiff with an electric mixer, do not beat too long, because this will create ‘butter’. Now carefully fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream. Put the bowl with the filling in the fridge until ready to use.
- Remove baked cake from the oven. Place a sheet of parchment paper on your counter. Now take the baking tray with the cake on top and turn it over on the sheet of baking paper on the counter. Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and spread the cake evenly with the filling from the refrigerator.
- Then roll up the cake tightly with your hands and wrap with household skin foil. Let the cake roll set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. You can then decorate the cake roll with white chocolate and cut it into 14 slices. Enjoy your meal!
- Portion Size: 1 slice (1/14)
- Calories: 130
- Fats: 11.8
- Carbohydrates: 1.6
- Protein: 3.5