Eating a healthy snack can help maintain optimal levels of physical and mental energy to perform well in daily activities. While the other main meals are needed, eating snacks can be very helpful.
However, it is important to know how to prepare them with healthy ingredients, as not all options are suitable. Processed foods, flour, and sugar are options to avoid. What do you have to prepare? Below we share 5 recipes that you can easily make at home!
The importance of a healthy snack
Many people often skip snacks, because they think they can get fat when they snack. In contrast, however, enjoying a snack can be beneficial for body weight as well as physical and mental health (English link).
Not eating in between means spending a lot of time without consuming food. Someone often has feeling like he has no energy and has trouble concentrating.
They are usually too hungry while eating and then they eat more than they should. summarizing eating a healthy snack is important, because the:
- Control food anxiety.
- Maintains good physical and mental performance.
- Helps in regulating the activity of the metabolism.
- Promotes proper brain function.
- Helps to provide our body with sufficient nutrients.
5 essential nutrients for a healthy diet
Recipes to enjoy a healthy snack
The best way to enjoy a healthy snack is to choose natural, chemical-free and non-industrially processed foods. While the industry has promoted many processed snack products, better to spend some time on natural recipes. Grab a pen and paper!
Wrap with turkey and avocado
This delicious combination of turkey and avocado gives you protein, healthy fats and vitamins and minerals. It is simply delicious and healthy! With this delicious wrap with turkey and avocado, you only consume about 185 calories. You also get the fatty acids, proteins and vitamins and minerals for your body. We will tell you how to prepare it at home.
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1 slice of turkey
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- First divide the corn tortilla and mash the avocado.
- Then divide the turkey slice over the tortilla and cover it with the crushed avocado.
- Then put them together and enjoy! It’s that simple!
2. Hard-boiled eggs filled with hummus
Chickpea hummus is a low-calorie preparation that can be used in many recipes to replace sauces and creams. In this case, we suggest using it to fill the eggs and replace their yolks. Give it a try!
- 2 eggs
- 60 grams of chickpea hummus (4 tablespoons)
- First boil the eggs in water until they are hard.
- Then remove the shell and take out the yolk.
- Finally, fill each egg with chickpea hummus.
- Then enjoy your snack!
You might also like to read:
Which is healthier: the white or the egg yolk?
3. Zucchini and salmon rolls
Who says we can’t enjoy salmon as a snack? If you need an extra dose of omega 3 fatty acids and protein, don’t hesitate to try this easy recipe. You will love it!
- 3 strips of zucchini
- 15 ml extra virgin olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- 2 slices of smoked salmon
- First cut the zucchini strips and fry them in a drizzle of olive oil.
- Then drizzle the vegetables with some oil and cover with the slices of salmon.
- Finally, you can roll them up with the help of a toothpick to enjoy them.
4. Tuna sandwich
Tuna is an important source of omega 3 fatty acids and proteins. It is also a very filling food that will give you energy for the rest of the day. The classic tuna sandwich is one of the healthy snacks not to be missed.
Except it’s delicious the combination of ingredients contains energy, proteins, healthy fats and other important nutrients that promote your well-being.
- 50 grams of tuna in oil
- 2 salad leaves
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- To start, drain the tuna in oil.
- Then put the lettuce and tuna on one of the slices of bread.
- Then cover it with another slice of bread and enjoy.
5. Yogurt with fruit, a healthy and quick snack
Do you occasionally have little time to prepare a healthy snack? Then choose this option. Natural yogurt is a food full of good nutrients for the body. It can also be perfectly combined with your favorite fruit. After all, you only get about 120 calories!
- 125 ml natural yogurt (1/2 cup)
- 50 grams of blueberries
- First, pour the yogurt into a bowl and wash the blueberries.
- Then cut the fruit and add it to the bowl with yogurt.
- Finally, add some crushed nuts if you like.
Believe it or not, snacks are actually just as important compared to the main meals of the day. Preparing with healthy ingredients essentially increases energy levels and controls hunger. It also contributes to getting the necessary amount of nutrients.
6 healthy snacks to take to work
Here are 6 healthy snacks with both sweet and savory options that are easy to prepare and take with you to work. Read more “