Chef Mary from SelectHealth shares her scrumptious recipe for Baked Maple Glazed Salmon. You may also use Steelhead for those who want. This is heart-healthy as a result of salmon and steelhead are each wealthy in omega three fatty acids. No butter or different saturated fat have been used within the preparation and the maple syrup was lowered to 2 tablespoons per fillet.
BAKED MAPLE GLAZED SALMON
Yield: four to six servings
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
non-aerosol or common 99% residue-free cooking spray
four (four-5 oz.) recent salmon or steelhead trout fillets or 1 entire fillet weighing 1¼ to 1½ lbs.
1 tsp. granulated garlic powder or ¼ tsp. per fillet
1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning or 1/eight tsp. per fillet
pinch salt – optionally available
1/three to 1/2 cup maple syrup or 11/2 to 2 tbsp. per fillet, relying on desired sweetness
- Preheat oven to 400° Cover a big nonstick baking sheet with foil and spray calmly with cooking spray.
- Place fillet(s) on ready baking sheet, pores and skin aspect down. Season with garlic powder and lemon pepper and canopy every with 1 to 1½ tbsp. of syrup. If utilizing entire fillet, season, and canopy with ¼ to 1/three cup of maple syrup.
- Place in oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, relying on thickness or till meat flakes aside simply and has an inner temperature of 145 F. Remove from oven and serve every fillet topped with any maple glaze remaining on baking sheet or a bit further syrup, if desired.
Nutritional Facts: four servings at 345 energy; 14g fats; 27g Carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 27g protein;
76mg ldl cholesterol; 340mg sodium
Traditional Nutrition Facts: four servings at 563 energy; 25g fats; 40g carbohydrate; zero fiber; 43g protein;
211mg ldl cholesterol; 729mg sodium.
Chef Mary likes to prepare dinner with recent, seasonal produce from the Farmer’s Market. Not solely does it help native farmers, however it supplies food from farm to desk which helps individuals stay the healthiest lives attainable. This is the 11th yr SelectHealth has supported the SLC downtown farmer’s market. Chef Mary previewed a dish she’ll be making on Saturday reside from the Farmer’s Market on Good Day Utah.
Spring Salad with Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
Prep time: 30 minutes
Serves: four 2½ cup salads and 2¼ cups French dressing
2 cups baby arugula or baby spinach
6 cups combined baby spring greens
1 cup recent strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
½ cup pink onion, thinly sliced – optionally available
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Fresh floor pepper to style
½ cup Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette (See recipe under)
- Place baby greens in a big bowl; if finished forward of time cowl and refrigerate.
- Toss strawberry slices and onions collectively gently with greens. Divide salad between 4 plates and prime
every with 2 tbsp. French dressing, and a couple of tbsp. crumbled feta.
Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
2½ cups recent strawberries washed, hulled and sliced, or
a 14 oz. package deal, frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
¼ cup uncooked sugar
¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
three tbsp. additional virgin olive oil
¼ tsp. sea or common salt
¼ tsp. recent floor black pepper – optionally available
Place all elements in a blender or food processor and mix till clean. Adjust seasonings, if mandatory.
Cook’s Note: Dressing will last as long as two weeks refrigerated.
Salad Nutrition Facts: 1 serving 100 energy, 5g fats; 7g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 7g protein; 20mg ldl cholesterol,
Vinaigrette Nutrition Facts: 2 tbsps. at 30 energy; 2g fats; 4g carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 0g protein; 20mg ldl cholesterol; 48mg sodium
Traditional Vinaigrette Recipe Nutrition Facts: 2 tbsps. at 60 energy; 6g fats; 4g carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 0g protein; 20mg ldl cholesterol; 48mg sodium
Reference: Recipe by SelectHealth Chef Mary E. Ross
You can discover extra healthy recipes and wellness tips at: SelectHealth.org/blog.