Honestly, we will’t learn the phrases Bath & Body Works with out occupied with our favourite center faculty scents, Cucumber Melon and Freesia. Whether it was in super-fruity physique mist-form, or the weirdly engaging holiday-scented collections, the shop performed a monumental position in our love (see: obsession) for all issues magnificence. But this morning, our candy, romanticized reminiscences of the model have been straight-up rocked once we came upon that a Texas lady was severely burnt by an exploding candle.
Yep, in a terrifying string of occasions, Ashley Brawley was hospitalized with first and second-degree burns after trying to blow out her Bath & Body Works vanilla-scented candle. The candle, which had been burning for 3 hours and 20 minutes (underneath the producer’s four-hour really helpful use), started to burn uncontrollably. Brawley informed NBC DFW, “I blew on it about three or four times and the last time I blew it, it just went all up in my face… I immediately started screaming.”
Brawley’s husband Cody proceeded to cowl the candle in water, unknowingly agitating the flames. After eradicating the burning candle outdoor with oven mitts, he sprayed it with a hose, which then induced the candle to blow up into items. While the precise explanation for the incident continues to be being investigated, it seems that there was no consumer error on Brawley’s half. Brawley, who’s now recovering from burns on her brow, cheeks, nostril, and lips, stated, “I’ll never use a candle again. Ever.”
According to The Cut, Bath & Body works has issued the next assertion: “We are very sorry that this happened and are taking this situation extremely seriously. The safety of our customers is our number-one priority, and we are actively working to learn more details from the customer.” Welp, as we look forward to extra info, we all know that we’ll be staying the hell away from candles (or something vanilla-scented, for that matter).